Welcome to Glosford SIPS
Glosford SIPS is a division of Glosford Timber Solutions Ltd, a Hereford based company supplying Timber Engineered products to the construction industry.
If you are an Architect, Builder/Developer or looking to Self Build a project, and your requirements are to meet the latest building regulations for reduced emissions, low energy consumption and high levels of insulation then Structurally Insulated Panels using the Kingspan TEK system can be the right choice.
At Glosford SIPS we specialise in providing a fully designed and engineered SIPS solution for your projects. We are an approved process partner of Kingspan and use their unique 142mm TEK system delivering u-values as low as 0.19w/m2 K. without the need for additional insulation along with exceptional airtightness throughout the whole building.
We have our own manufacturing facility with the plant and machinery to produce offsite bespoke SIPS projects that are delivered to site ready for quick and easy installation by our teams of qualified erectors (www.future-tech.eu).
Our in house designers will provide detailed drawings and construction details for building control if required and work from drawings provided by the project architect. We will include all the necessary associated timber, proprietary fixings, breather paper and flooring materials to complete the structural elements of the building.
For more information on how simple it is to take advantage of our service click here
sips - the 'new build' standard
- Low U-values – 0.19W/m2.K in walls and 0.18W/m2 in the roof with no additional insulation mean the system exceeds current Building Regulations and can also be expected to meet u-values set for the next level of changes as the government pushes for zero carbon by 2016.
- Limited Cold Bridging – Due to the continuity of the rigid insulation the Kingspan TEK system provides greatly enhanced thermal reliability when compared with more traditional forms of construction. The result is that this system has only 4% thermal bridging from timber elements in a typical wall and 1% from the roof.
- Air tightness – The TEK system is ideal for the construction of an air-tight building envelope. With the proprietary system providing an effective air seal, results achieved from blower door tests are 0.08 air changes per hour at normal air pressures or 0.91m3/hr/m2 air changes at 50Pa. (current part L recommendations are 10m3/hr/m2)
- Speed of build – faster even than timber frame. Typically our installation team are on-site for two weeks or less for a four-bed house
- Solid and strong - 5x times stronger than timber frame and nearly double that of a standard masonry house. Look in our Fact Sheet Library and see how sips homes around the world have survived earthquakes and hurricane!
- Quality of finish – our sips are precision made off-site, so you’re assured vertical walls and square corners on-site. You can confidently order bespoke items ahead of time knowing they'll fit
- Smoother project management - because you can elminate the slow, messy, ‘wet trades’ your site will stay cleaner and be much easier to manage
- Thermally efficient & sustainable – sips give you real control over your living environment and dramatically cut your heating bills
- Flexibility – sips are used not just for new homes, but also extensions and renovations. They cope with most design needs and can be finished externally as you want
We hope you will find our site informative and helpful and that you will want to take full advantage of our services.